The Capitol View Farmer's Market operates from May 28 - October 8 from 3:00PM - 7:00PM.
The market will close at 6:30PM closer to Fall.
The farmers market is located on the south side of Sharpsburg Drive starting at the corner of North Star Drive on the east side of Madison across from the new Great Dane Pub within the Grandview Commons Neighborhood and visible from Cottage Grove Road.
The overall goal of the market is to bring quality, fresh foods at an affordable price to East Madison by providing an outlet for purchasing locally grown produce, farm fresh meats, dairy products, and baked goods.
Special Events for 2014
Events take place from 4-6pm
- May 28 - Opening Day with the Madison Fire Department.
- June 4 - June Dairy Month. Free ice cream and worm discovery! Plant your own bean seed with worm dirt to take home to grow and eat.
- July 2 - Stars and Stripes.
- August 6 - Back to School.
- September 3 - Corn Boil - Date subject to change based on corn availability.